Picture about the company


Well, can a good owner leave his friend at home when he is travelling around the world? 
Definitely not. 
However, traveling with animals has a few mandatory rules have to follow. After all, improper or incomplete paperwork can derail your travel plans. For your convenience, we have prepared a list of everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable worldwide animal travel.

Remember International Travel Certificate must indicate the following:

  • Experience

    • Name of pet

    • Breed

    • Color

    • Age of pet

    • Country of origin

    • Your name/address/phone number as the owner of your pet.

    • The certificate should state that your pet is healthy and free of parasites.

    • Vaccinations given, including type, manufacturer, and batch number.

  • LandLord photo

    Domestic Travel Certificates

    All pets registered in the United States must have USDA endorsement of their dog and cat's health certificates.
    Don’t forget many States ask for an up-to-date Certificate of Veterinary Inspection from a licensed, accredited veterinarian. This certificate is required by most airlines in order for your pet to travel within the continental United States We strongly recommend contact your airline to understand their specific travel requirements. Moreover, we are always ready to examine your pet and give you a health certificate that your pet is healthy for travel and not showing signs of disease. 

    Moreover - we are able to add a certificate of acclimation to your pet’s travel papers. 

    * Certificate of acclimation written at the discretion of our veterinarians and is based upon our vet’s assessment of your pet’s health allowing him or her to travel above or below certain temperatures.

  • Rocket Fit photo

    International Travel Certificates

    All resident pets leaving the United States need a health certificate issued in the United States with an official USDA endorsement stamp. This also includes pets who are traveling through the US whose destination country health certificates have expired.
    As part of our efforts to provide you with the most comprehensive New York City pet healthcare services, our veterinarians are USDA certified and can provide international pet health certificates, which are required when traveling with your pet outside of the United States.

    Keep in your mind that International Health Certificate must issue as near to the travel date as possible, but not more than 21 days before travel.

    * If you are traveling to a country without an approved health certificate, please pay attention to United States Interstate and International Certificate of Health Examination for Small Animals. If you have any questions, our staff is happy to help.

Remember that you will need to call USDA APHIS office to make an appointment to endorsement certificate.
For additional Information please visit USDA APHIS WEBSITE https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/home/

Picture about the company


One of the most important parts of the Travel Certificate are vaccinations and treatments, which given to your pet (including the type, the manufacturer, and the batch number if possible.)

There are three rabies vaccines administered to pets: a one, two and three year vaccines. And you need to check the rules for the country you are traveling to as not all countries recognize the two and three-year vaccine. If you are traveling to a country that does not recognize the three-year vaccine, your pet may need to have a booster shot even though the two or three year vaccination has not expired.

Picture about the company
Picture about the company

Generally, the rabies vaccine must be given to your pet at least 30 days, but not more than 12 months, before travel, although some countries have different requirements. Nevertheless, you must enter your destination country before your pet’s most recent rabies vaccination has expired.
However, puppies, kittens and ferrets not vaccinated for rabies prior to 3 months of age. (12 weeks, if your pet is entering the European Union.)

Many countries such as South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and others also require other vaccinations and blood tests. You need to consider the specific regulations for the country your pet is entering.

We are always ready to help you with consulting how to travel with animals and their vaccination.

Picture about the company


If you move to not-English-speaking country, they may require certificate translated into the language of that country. Many South and Central American countries are examples of this.
And you need to use the new non-commercial or commercial EU health certificates depending on whether you or your designated representative are traveling with or within 5 days of your pet or your pet is traveling alone.

Picture about the company


Visiting the veterinarian is important because of not only vaccination and health certificate. Remember if the air travel is something new for your pet it can be a very discomforting experience to him and doctor consult you how to make it better for your pet.
Container, water, food physical activities the day before the flight are really important things, you need to remember.

Contact the airline you choose and learn about the conditions of traveling with pets. Many airlines has specific rules for it.

Be prepare for surprises ;)